Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DAY 10: routine

So on DAY 9, I had lost the remaining 0.6 to make up the entire pound between Sunday and Monday; which brought me up to eleven pounds lost. I finally got back on track too. No munching on almonds or bites of pasta. I have been finding comfort in smelling the delicious, fatty foods that I miss. I know, it is as ridiculous as it sounds. And watching other people eat them allows me to live (or rather "eat") vicariously through them. I can't believe it's only been a week and I've already been reduced to this craziness. What will another week do to me?

However, I was happy to break the "less than one pound lost per day" streak over the weekend with a strong 1.2 pounds lost today! The cheating, although VERY small, does make a difference obviously. Today, I had no desire to cheat even though someone's chicken bacon ranch melt from Subway left its tantalizing scent all over the break room today and I almost lost it. UGHH. Even photographs of food get me. Jonathan tells me that the mere thought of food is making him sick and he assured it would be the same for me. I highly doubt it though. My love for food and everything about it overrides anything normal. How do you think I got myself into this mess? All the research, the information and the "talk" about the emotional, psychological, and scientific connections between human beings and food are all true in my case! ALL true. Even the areas people haven't discovered or established a link. I LONG for the delicious sea salt and cracked pepper pretzel bits sitting in my cupboard, the homemade granola, the specialty farmer's market jams sent by my best friend in NYC, the Free Willy sandwich and home fries from Johnny McGuire's, the Gilroy pizza from Sierra Gold, the carne asade nachos from Roberto's..DROOOOOL.

ANYWAY, enough about food. I found that I was very satisfied tonight with just a cup of organic low sodium chicken broth with a few drops of Sriracha (just 5 calories for 1 tsp and 100mg sodium) and a piece of Melba toast! Yummy and filling. I also introduced a little more cardio in my life to expedite my rewards. My choice of poison was Dance Central on Kinect. It was great since I broke a sweat, had fun and went at it for a a good hour so far. Hopefully it plays a big role in tomorrow's ONE WEEK (seven days) weigh-in. :)

STATS: I currently weigh 237.8 pounds. I've lost a total of 12.2 pounds with 62.8 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment